Saturday, August 16, 2008

My New Router

Wow finally i have a wireless router. isn't it nice? i'm always a little techno guy in heart. Hehehe now i can share fastnet connection with my sister's laptop.

Actually it's my own laptop anyway. Can you imagine that? my spoiled sister always complaining that her laptop doesn't have a wireless built-in. and now that recently her laptop power outlet is a kind of broken, and she needs a laptop, so i gave my laptop. well it's ok since i have a new lcd anyway so enjoy playing in my pc than my laptop.

My laptop is ASUS M5200NP. kind of old buyt sturdy and the only thing that broken is the battery. it can only work on a/c power outlet.

So my wireless router is WRT54G2. black and sleek. kind of cool. it's so easy to setup. i just plug in the internet, and connect the network cable. and voila, i have an internet router.

First try to connect in the internet in the pc. OK done. it's working/
Second tried to connect using Laptop. failed because i set it using WEP security....
Third tried using my nintendo DS to connect to internet for playing Mario Kart. it's worked. i'm so happy.
lastly, i change the setting to WPA security keys. and the laptop can connect to internet now. humm why it can only connect using WPA? humm that's mean if i want to connect using NDS i have to change it using WEP, thus the laptop cannot connect.

ow well not everything is perfect....

see you blog

Related Posts



Related Posts



No comments: